The Mormon Church has now digitalized even more Italian records.
Renting microfilms from the Family History Center may be a thing of the past as more and more Italian records are digitalized and available for viewing on line thanks to the efforts of the Church of Latter Day Saints.
Recently the LDS has not only digitalized these records but made them available for viewing directly from their computers at any FHC. If you are a member of the Church then you may login from any home computer using your LDS Ordinance ID.
How to tell which Records have been Digitalized
To see which records are available on line do the following:
- Login to the Family Search Website. If you don’t have an account you can create a free one.
- Go to the tab labelled Catalog. In the search bar enter the name of the town you are looking for and hit enter.
- A results page will appear. Choose the link you are interested in and again hit enter. Another link will appear with more details. Click on the blue link and hit enter .
- Another page appears with even more info about the records and film type.
- Scroll down the page to see which records are available. If a camera icon appears next to the record you need it means that it has been digitalized and can be viewed directly at the FHC.
Just a final note – I would suggest that if you are interested in heading over to your local FHC you call ahead to make an appointment and view their hours of operation.
Enjoy and Happy Hunting!